Call and leave your critique.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

My Jailer is Me

He comes in to town with a scowl on his face,
I know he is not here to offer me grace.

He looks so disappointed, He looks so mad
because he has to lock me up once again.

Like the Bounty Hunter named Dog,
My Jailer hunts me down when I do wrong.

Like a good secretary he keeps my records and a very long list,
of my mistakes, wrongs, mishaps, and even accidents.

I try to escape, I try to run free,
But like any Moral abiding officer of the law he ain't stoppin until he captures me.

I haven't broken a law, committed a felony, or broken into somebody's home.
All I I have done is barely violated my own moral code.

But that is just enough for him, to start the pursuit again.
Its like in my own mind I am a fugitive.

The moment finally comes when I can no longer run.
He ask me one question "Why did you this son?"

I drop to my knees and beg for mercy,
But my pleads fall upon deaf ears as he and I know that he must do his duty.

He drags me back to the dungeon, and throws me into that jail cell that is nothing but hell hole,
Sadly, I have become so familiar with it, its become a second home.

Once again I find myself behind bars and in chains,
Asking myself "How could I make such a dumb mistake?"

My Jailer says "Boy your not getting out anytime soon for your own good, I might as well throw away the key."
I ask him if I can call my Lawyer named Justified Reason. He is a sharp, quick whited, and very biased attorney.

I say to myself "If I would have done this, or would have done that,
I know with out a doubt I would not be in the place I am at."

Regret comes to visit along with his brother Misery.
Seeing that they are cousins with my Moral Jailer, I am not surprised that they are also disappointed at me.

They try and keep me company, but I just send them away.
People like them don't help you get better, they either make you worse or keep you in the same state.

My Jailer is not horrible, He is just doing his job.
Being a Moral Conscience means you must do what is right and correct what is wrong.

I know that one day I will be set free,
because I have come to realize that my Jailer is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment